Friday, October 23, 2015

Weekly Challenge #240: Birthday Leaves (or as in Australia, Spring Blossoms - Kurrajong)

The weekend is almost upon us and I have only just finished my tile for this week's challenge.

It's Spring in Australia, so no Autumn leave drawings from me.

I've used my tangle 'Kurrajong' which is another name for the Illawarra Flame Tree.  This tree is in flower now and is scattered throughout the escarpment.  It has bright red flowers. 

I've been busy taking mum to the Physiotherapist after her hip replacement surgery and am continuing on with my drawings for Inktober.

Have a lovely weekend and hope the weather is nice to you all.

Smiles :)


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tiles! Enjoy your spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I have to admit that I had to look up "escarpment" since I never heard that word. Nice to learn something new too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real beautiful tiles, both!!! I would love to see a photo of that tree (if possible) in your next post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not having seen Kurrajong before, I went to explore your patterns and was stuck there for hours trying them all out. Note to self - Try these on a tile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)