Friday, January 9, 2015

New Patterns Castle-rock and Trapt - 1,2 and 3

I was working on the '100 Mandala' challenge and the next thing you know 'Trapt 1' was born.  Whilst working on the Mandala I thought of other ways in which this pattern could be drawn.  I played some more and came out with 3 different versions.  Castle-rock also came about in this process, however I felt it was different enough that it warranted its own special name.  I figured if you drew the pattern one way, it reminded me of a space rocket, and accidently I turned it upside down and saw castles, hence the name.


Something you probably don't know about me is I'm and analyser, in fact I over analyse almost every situation.  I think I've figured out why I chose those names, but if I tell you it would give away too much personal information :)


I hope you like these patterns and find some time to try them for yourself - I would love to see your interpretation on them.


The Mandala that had my mind working


Same Mandala - coloured in with Sienna and Green/Gold by Faber-Castell (the pic didn't take too well, sorry)



TRAPT 1

Basically it's just the letter 'H' joined by a line



TRAPT 2 - this is your basic 'H; pattern working from top to bottom.  The variation is a slanted 'H'





TRAPT 3 - is drawn in a grid




Castle-rock - when drawn from top to bottom it reminds me of a rocket but when drawn from bottom to top it reminded me of a castle.  Note: the lines in the middle of the 'H' have a slight curve, one curve going up and the other curve is going down. 

In my sample piece you can see the castle and rockets.


and just for fun here are two more Mandalas, (not perfectly round as its hand drawn) also drawn for the '100 Mandala' challenge.



I hope you find some inspiration from this post - keep smiling :)


4 comments:

  1. These are all lovely. Now I have some more new patterns to try and add to by collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love especially trapt 1 so far. Thank you for sharing. I only got part way up the pattern much practice needed to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You are a genius. Your TRAPT 1,2,3 will keep my mind spinning in circles for the next few months or so! Great work. I am so glad I stumbled onto your blog this am. It is Sunday morning in the USA. October 23rd. I actually live in Willimantic, Connecticut not Lebanon which is the next town away.
    I am a cowardly tangler, which basically means I'm fearful of making mistakes.......but I am making myself a promise to do trapt until I get it right!!!!!!!
    Your mandalas are awesome. Keep up the amazing work that you do.
    Best wishes from the USA.
    Jane Ellen Howeson
    jajeh4bts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)