Sunday, January 5, 2014

An afternoon of experimenting - 4 new patterns with step-outs

Off to work tomorrow.  I had a lovely relaxing 2 weeks Christmas/New Year break.  My daughter and I had lunch with a girlfriend, coffee then some time to myself.  The plan was to finish off some ATCs for a swap.  Instead I did 4 step-outs! I am pleased with that.

I have been wondering whether my pattern 'X' would work in grid style.  In playing with that I came up with 3 similar but different patterns.

The first one I have given the title 'Stazzle' as it reminds me of a star.  In a grid I started off with a small circle (just as in my pattern 'X')  then I drew some lines leading off the circle; vertically, horizontally and diagonally.  I tried it with 6 lines and 8 lines.  These would form a 6 pointed star and an 8 pointed star.

Here are the step-outs for 'Stazzle' (I hope the diagram makes sense)



From 'Stazzle'  I came up with 'Explo-Zen'.  It starts off the same as 'Stazzle' but instead of making 'X' lines, I curved them in the middle.






Still had ideas in my head, so thought, why not try to do the 'X' pattern in a grid, still using the original idea, see here original 'X' pattern

Diagram show how to do 'Griddex' with 4, 6 and 8 points ie 'X'



The next pattern I have named 'Tri-Dala' as it consists of triangles.  The inspiration came about from my bedcover.  I have been looking at it for a couple of days wondering how to do reconstruct its basic form.


This is what it really looks like :)



and this is my rendition of it - changed it quite a bit but I don't mind how it turned out :)




Apologies for the long post but I had a fair bit to say....as always I appreciate you stopping by and of course your comments are welcome.

Have a wonderful week! stay safe :)

3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed drawing this out just now, even played with it a bit, would be what they're calling a tangleation, just doing 7 instead of 6, thickening the ends to be thicker 'triangles', it looks like someone holding on to the walls from middle section down :) ...noooo, I'm not leaving this square-like. Thank you for these tangles and all of yours. I'm amazed on what you've done from your bed cover. Ah.maze.ing! Thanks Lila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are talented and clever--I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)