Saturday, August 24, 2013

mums cross stitch circa early 1970s

This is a tablecloth mum made in the early 70's. It's on a lemony coloured binca material - the pattern is European. Back in the day mum used to do a fair bit of cross stitching - we are from Macedonia and I would say the pattern is very much Slavic. I also started making a tablecloth, like this one with a matching table runner and 4 napkins - mine is on white binca and I used red and black. Hers is variated red thread and brown. Mine is still not finished - I should find it and revisit it....38 years later lol :) I guess I get bored easily - from memory I didn't have much more to go - the smaller pieces were finished except the dredged edges lol

thanks for your visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit :)