Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weekly Diva Challenge #124 - We are Calgary (After the Floods - With Thoughts of Calgary)

This week's challenge is an open challenge - The Diva asks that we keep Calgary in our hearts this week, and any part of the Earth. My prayers and thoughts go out to the people dealing with incredible struggles and tragedy.
Remember, after the rain comes the sunshine and rainbows :)
When I read this week's challenge, my mind went blank. I left it for a while and began tangling, nothing in particular. I figured something will come to me and if it didn't then I wouldn't submit this piece. Well 2 nights later I remembered seeing a post on ribbon letters, (I was half asleep at the time). I finally found the website and then wondered if I could use ribbon letters. I looked at my work and what do I see? I saw the letter 'C' so it was perfect - and here is my finished piece for the Challenge.
Thanks for looking :)


 This one is digitally edited

9 comments:

  1. Both look amazing but I like the black and white one more. ^^ Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original and beautiful. Of course, I love the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this first on flickr and commented; but it deserves a second comment. These are both just gorgeous. I can't really pick a favorite, well, maybe I like the blue one just a teeny bit better. Both are amazing. Your ribbon letters are nigh on to perfect (that's southern talk).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find that post on ribbon letters, very cool. Your black and white tile is stupendous, but when you digitized it, really made it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! I love the ribbon letters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the top one. Like the spiral C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lila, you are really full of fabulous ideas.....the ribboned lettering is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The letters you made are so beautiful! The whole tile is very original.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)